Opportunities for Assistance
Amid these hard times, Zeal Credit Union is here for you and the community.
We know we have an important role in supporting our members and a responsibility
to the communities we serve. If you are in need of assistance we encourage you
to reach out to us. Zeal Credit Union is offering
0% APR* personal loans
anyone experiencing a hardship. We also have options available for assistance
with mortgages and home equity loans. Additionally, financial counseling
services are available if you are expecting any significant hardships.
While we hope your life has minimal disruptions as we fight COVID-19 (coronavirus),
please know that we are here for you if you need us.
Please contact us at
Skip a Pay
Members interested in skipping a loan payment will not receive an application
fee through April 30, 2020. Log into your online banking account to see if
your loans are eligible.
IRA Information Update
If you didn’t save as much for retirement as you wanted last year,
you now have 3 more months!
The tax-filing deadline is now July 15, which means there’s
more time to contribute retirement savings for 2019
to your IRA and HSA.
You can add money to your IRA up to the annual limit -
$6,000, or $7,000 if you’re 50 or older -
and count it as a 2019 contribution until July 15.
Ready to Make a Transfer to an Open IRA?
The Zeal Credit Union call Center is open from
8:00 am until 6:00 pm, Monday - Friday at
800-321-8570 ext. 7400.
Want to Open an IRA or Transact on an IRA CD?
Please schedule an appointment at one of our branch locations near you.
For a complete list of branch availability please
* APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Documentation of hardship is required. Current members may receive promotional rates as low as 0% APR for 12 months on personal loans up to $2,500 with payment deferrals for 60 days, actual rate will be based on applicant's creditworthiness. Any nonmembers will need to successfully apply for membership, and may receive 0% APR for 60 days on loans up to $5,000. After 60 days the rate will be based on applicant's creditworthiness at time of application with rates as low as 8.40% APR. All applications need to be submitted by 4/30/2020. 0% APR personal loans cannot be used to refinance existing Zeal Credit Union loans. Other restrictions may apply.
We’re here for you. Yesterday, today and tomorrow.
Zeal Credit Union was founded over 65 years ago with a commitment to serving others. That commitment still holds true today.
As efforts throughout our Nation continue in order to slow down the spread of the coronavirus, Zeal Credit Union continues to focus on, and respond to, the needs of our members. During this challenging time, our members can rest assured knowing that we are here for them and ready to meet their financial needs.
Gov. Whitmer has issued a “Stay at Home, Stay Safe” executive order for the state of Michigan. We remain open and available to our members. However, for the safety of our staff and members, we have made some adjustments to lobby access and “by appointment” at some of our locations. For a complete list of branch availability please
We may adjust this list as developments arise, so please check back often for updates.
Solutions to help you.
We know some of our members may be experiencing hardship as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19). We have created solutions such as short term 0% interest loans, fee free skip-a-pays along with other options. Additionally, during this time of uncertainty, we will temporarily suspend some of our fees to help members. Click the link below for a list of fees that are being suspended.
Your membership is safe.
Zeal Credit Union is financially stable and strong with the ability and resources to support our valuable members. During this period of economic strain, as a result of COVID-19, Zeal Credit Union is in a position of strength. We have a strong capital ratio and liquidity position. Your money is safe and federally insured by the NCUA, a government agency, which insures deposits of up to $250,000.
We encourage you to continue visiting our website and social media platforms to stay updated with the most recent information regarding any service adjustments being made, along with any other important information.
We will continue to update you.
While many things may be uncertain today, you can have confidence in knowing that we are here, ready and able to serve your financial needs. Thank you for your trust and for your membership.
Thank you –
President & Chief Executive Officer
Zeal Credit Union
As concerns over the coronavirus continue to grow, Zeal Credit Union will be closing several of our branch lobbies.
Members will have the option to schedule appointments if needed, and branches with drive thru service will remain
open and serving members through the drive thru only. Zeal Credit Union continues to carefully consider our options
and adapt as necessary to keep everyone safe and to maintain availability to our members. Please see the chart below
to see which services are available at each location.
||Drive Thru Open
Allen Park Drive Thru
7532 Allen Rd.
7240 Park Ave.
||Yes - 800-321-8570 ext. 2001 / 2003
22740 Michigan Ave.
||Yes - 800-321-8570 ext. 2051 / 2053
2640 E. Jefferson Ave.
||Yes - 800-321-8570 ext. 2076 / 2077
Livonia – Middlebelt
15950 Middlebelt Rd.
||Yes - 800-321-8570 ext. 2101 / 2108
Livonia - Newburgh
17250 Newburgh Rd.
||Yes - 800-321-8570 ext. 2126 / 2130
4125 Oakwood Blvd.
||Yes - 800-321-8570 ext. 2151 / 2157
25123 Southfield Rd.
||Yes - 800-321-8570 ext. 2178 / 2179
16225 Fort St.
||Yes - 800-321-8570 ext. 2201 / 2204
||Yes - 800-321-8570 ext. 2226 / 2227
1260 N. Pontiac Trail
||Yes - 800-321-8570 ext. 2251 / 2252
35050 Ford Rd.
||Yes - 800-321-8570 ext. 2280 / 2287
22000 Allen Rd.
||Yes - 800-321-8570 ext. 2301 / 2308
The Zeal Credit Union call Center is open for their normal business hours and they are taking calls. The call center is open
from 8:00 am until 6:00 pm. You may also visit our website to access the chat feature to inquire about your accounts.
You can reach the call center at 800-321-8570 ext. 7400.
Dear Valued Member,
At Zeal Credit Union, the well-being of our members, employees and communities is our priority. We recognize that our branches operate as vital resources in the communities we serve. You are welcome to visit any of our branches during business hours, as they remain open in accordance to published service hours until further notice. We do, however, encourage you to ensure you have provisions in place regarding your financial needs in the event we are required to modify our existing business hours.
If you prefer to avoid contact with others, feel free to call our team for assistance. We also encourage you to log into your Zeal online banking account or Zeal Mobile app as soon as possible, if you haven’t done so in a while. It is a good idea to physically locate your Zeal Debit Card and Zeal Visa® Card. If you can’t locate them, please stop by one of our branch locations for our team to assist you with replacing them. Also consider enrolling your Zeal Debit or Credit Cards into a digital wallet. (Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay)
As you focus on the well-being of your family and friends, our Zeal team is committed to providing you with exceptional service.
If you are facing hardship related to the Novel Coronavirus,
you are encouraged to reach out to our Member Services team at (800) 321-8570 ext. 7400 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your banking needs with a trained specialist.
If you can’t make it to one of our branch locations,
but need to deposit checks, you can deposit funds into your eligible savings and/or checking accounts of which you are an account holder using our Mobile App.
Below are additional tools to conduct your day-to-day financial transactions at Zeal Credit Union:
We understand that fraudsters may take advantage of the current coronavirus situation. Please be aware that Zeal Credit Union will never initiate an unsolicited request for personal information (e.g., Social Security number, user IDs or passwords) via email.
While Zeal Credit Union continues to monitor this situation, we will provide updates as necessary on our
and our social media pages:
As always, we encourage you to visit the CDC website for additional guidance and up-to-date information.
What can you do to help?
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick or show symptoms of being sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. People who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility) should also wear a facemask.
For additional details relating to coronavirus, be sure to visit these resources:
Protect Yourself from Scammers
Your security is our top priority. Remember that we will never ask you to provide confidential information, such as Social Security or account number, by phone or email.
Keep in mind that with highly publicized events and disasters we often see an increase in fraudsters trying to take advantage of the situation. Computer virus’ can infect the user with malware that can steal sensitive data such as passwords. These virus’ can spread via email attachments, online advertisements, social engineering, etc. Be careful to make sure any links you click on are from legitimate sources. If you receive an email that you are unsure about or appears suspicious, make sure to forward it over to the security group at email@example.com.
Here are some tips to help you keep the scammers at bay:
- Don’t click on links from sources you don’t know. They could download viruses onto your computer or device.
- Watch for emails claiming to be from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or experts saying that have information about the virus. For the most up-to-date information about the Coronavirus, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Ignore online offers for vaccinations. There currently are no vaccines, pills, potions, lotions, lozenges or other prescription or over-the-counter products available to treat or cure Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) — online or in stores.
Find other tips from the Federal Trade Commission regarding on how to keep you and your family safe from Coronavirus scammers:
Dear Valued Member,
Zeal Credit Union's highest priority is the health and safety of our employees, members, associates, and the community. As you continue to hear and see news reports about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and some of its effects around the world, we want to assure you that we are closely monitoring this evolving situation and are in regular contact with national, state, and local health agencies for information and guidance.
All Zeal Credit Union offices intend to remain open in accordance with our published service hours. We are continuing to implement preventive measures as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as our own health and hygiene protocols. All Zeal Credit Union branches employ rigorous sanitation standards and robust cleaning procedures including:
- Extensive and ongoing training for associates on maintaining a safe and hygienic workplace and environment for our guests
- Specified intervals for frequent cleaning and disinfection of targeted areas
- Numerous and accessible handwashing facilities and hand sanitizer locations
- Quick response to spills, trash, and other situations
- Daily and frequent sanitation procedures
In addition, Zeal is encouraging employees and members to follow the preventative steps recommended by the CDC to help stop the spread of germs. More information about these precautionary measures and COVID-19 can be found on their website:
Please remember that as a Zeal Credit Union member, you have access to many remote products and services available 24/7 including Online Banking and our mobile app. You also have access to over 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs in our CO-OP ATM Network. We encourage you to take advantage of these options should you be unable to visit us at a branch location. For a full list of Online products and services, visit
If you have been impacted by COVID-19 and find yourself facing financial difficulties, we encourage you to reach out to us to discuss how we might be of assistance. You may reach our Member Services team at (800) 321-8570 ext. 7400 or by contacting
As this situation progresses, we will be publishing updates related to Zeal's policies and procedures on our social media platforms:
. Please view these pages for the most up-to-date information. Thank you for being a member, and for your continued trust in Zeal Credit Union.
President & Chief Executive Officer
Zeal Credit Union
If you haven't already:
Download the Zeal app
Enroll in Zeal Online Banking >
You'll be able to:
Update your email or phone number
Make sure we can stay in touch.
See transactions, balances and important details like account and routing numbers.
- Snap a picture of your check to deposit it using Zeal Mobile Deposit
- Set up direct deposit to have your paychecks automatically deposited into your account
Pay your Zeal CU credit cards, loans and other bills, and set up recurring payments.
Move money between accounts.